Close this search box.

we care for motor claims victims


UCI intervenes in case of motor accidents occurred on the Italian territory in which the responsibility of a vehicle registered and insured out of Italy was engaged, with the following limitations

European Green Card

The Green Card is the international insurance certificate which allows a motor vehicles to be considered validly insured against the compulsory motor third party liability (MTPL) in the visited Country.

Council of Bureaux

The Council of Bureaux (CoB) is the organisation acting for the protection of cross-border road traffic victims by Coordinating the activities of the different National Motor Insurers’ Bureaux that are members of the Green Card System.


Find out in which countries you can circulate


UCI, Ufficio Centrale Italiano, is the National Motor Insurance bureau for the cross‑border circulation of motor vehicles.

Created in 1953, it covers the functions of Italian bureau within the Green Card System, governed by the Council of Bureaux which was founded in Europe by the Inland Road Transport Committee of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).

News from the Green Card system

Log In

Send us a message

Log In

Accedi all'area riservata